Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Tuesday 16 December 2008

RAF Northolt

An interesting private visit to RAF Northolt, experiencing major developments. 32(Royal) Squadron is based here, and some training sessions were under way this afternoon. During the tour, I was struck at one point by the sight of an Augusta 109E Power helicopter landing just by the VIP area, and then there was a surreal moment as a familiar figure in a red suit with white trim, belt, boots, white beard and hat disembarked. Another familiar looking largish gentleman, similarly attired, left the building and took the place of the first person in the helicopter. Local schools receive visits from a familiar figure in the 'SantaCopter' as part of 32 Squadron training sessions. Glad to know that Father Christmas is using modern transportation methods.

No comments: