Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Tuesday 13 January 2009

Barack Obama Inauguration Concert Featuring Denzel and Stevie

Wow, there are so many inauguration events lined up not only in 'DC' but all over America and the rest of the world. The BBC reports a special concert January 18th where Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Wonder, Jamie Foxx and Denzel Washington, among others, are set to appear. It is claimed by the executive producer that some pertinent songs like the late, great Sam Cooke's 'A Change is Gonna Come' are going to be sung, rather than a showboat of artistes' own hits.

I just had to include the clip; I challenge you to remain unmoved by a listen.

And for those in the UK interested in knowing about inauguration celebrations, Democrats Abroad have a whole lot of stuff going on. Though the US Embassy did host a big election night party November 4th, 2008, word comes that there isn't an official inauguration event on January 20th 2009 in the American building in Grosvenor Square.

No comments: