Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Sunday 22 March 2009

Indian Security Al Jazeera English Newshour

Like most of the international news networks, Al Jazeera English is leading on the decision to move the IPL tournament out of India and they asked me to analyse the situation from the Indian security perspective with the background of the elections. I told viewers the astonishing fact that up to 15,000 National Cadet Corps college students are being mobilised for security duty in Andhra Pradesh.

The Newshour programme which went out at live at 9.0 pm GMT with the cricket story at the top of the show will be repeated Monday morning 9.0am GMT.

No comments: