Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Thursday 19 March 2009

Is Sherry Rehman Still In Post?

There seems to be some confusion as to the exact position of Pakistan's Information Minister. Who knows what conversations are going on behind the scenes? Reports of Sherry Rehman's resignation following the blocking of key Pakistani private TV channels went round the world, but now there appears to be a little damage limitation work going on. An appearance of unity is vital for the President, Asif Ali Zardari, whose credibility has been damaged by the U-turn the government has had to take during the past five days.

UPDATE Sherry, in what appears to be a heartfelt interview with Geo, says that she HAS resigned and explains why.

No comments: