Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Tuesday 16 June 2009

Peshawar and Lahore Attacks; Live Analysis for Sky News

Last week, I was talking to Jason de la Pena live during specially cleared schedule time after the simultaneous attacks in Peshawar on the Pearl Continental Hotel and the seminary in Lahore. He asked about who I thought was responsible.

I said at the time that a Taliban group must have been involved, and a couple of days later the Tehrik-i-Taliban claimed responsibility.

AFP reported a spokesman for the Pakistani Taliban saying,

"We attacked Pearl Continental Hotel in Peshawar because foreigners were coming here and were making conspiracies against Islam and Taliban," Maulvi Omar, spokesman for Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) told AFP by telephone from an undisclosed location.

No comments: