Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Saturday 18 July 2009

Hillary Clinton talks to Aamir Khan

In India for a much heralded visit, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has already met with business leaders after a remembrance ceremony for the victims of the Mumbai attacks, and is speaking in relevant and immediate ways on education in a televised conversation with Aamir Khan.

While, behind the scenes, the US would like to see Indo-Pak differences over Kashmir settled, she has publicly said that Kashmir is an issue which should be resolved by both sides looking at it with 'fresh' eyes. Naming the Kashmir issue will not thrill India.

India is a huge potential market for the US which is its largest trading partner. So India has great leverage with the US.

No comments: