Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Sunday 15 November 2009

CIA thinks it gets value for money from ISI

The American press these days is coming out with some entertaining and innovative material on Pakistan, especially compared with the British media.

I have just watched Fareed Bokharia on CNN introduce his HBO documentary on the 26/11 attack in Mumbai, with audio of "controllers" instructing their foot soldier attackers in Mumbai. I was interested to hear quite localised, simple, Punjabi/Urdu spoken, and the footage is gripping.

Now, the Los Angeles Times details how the CIA pays for arrested or killed militants in Pakistan and discusses the delicate relationship it has with the Inter Services Intelligence Agency, which it does not completely trust.

No comments: