Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Sunday 17 July 2011

Interviewing Queen Noor in London

The Global Zero summit in London in June gave me the opportunity to meet and talk to some very interesting people, like Queen Noor of Jordan who gave me an exclusive for Al Arabiya English.

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2011/06/24/154672.html. She was frank and expansive, confident and friendly, though I had been warned that she would not be too comfortable commenting directly on the Arab Spring.

Surprisingly, I was practically the only broadcaster/journalist to sit through the summit sessions -most just turned up for specific interviews or the official press conference.

Global Zero has a team of big hitters and their US based PR includes Trevor Fitzgerald, who worked on Barack Obama's 2008 presidential campaign.

No comments: