Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Monday 14 May 2012

Coming Up; Festival of Asian Literature at Asia House, London

I'm looking forward to the panel on Power, Women and Politics on May 22nd, 2012 at the lovely Asia House in London. Festival Director Adrienne Loftus Parkins has carefully curated a wonderful season of book-related events which is the foremost festival of its kind in the UK and attracts a lot of attention. This preview article in The National highlights the fact that of the 50 speakers at the 2012 festival, 30 of us are women!

Jane Macartney of the Times will be moderating our talk; I will be appearing alongside  Peter Popham, who has written a recent biography of Aung San Suu Kyi and the LSE's Mukulika Banerjee.


No comments: