Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Friday 10 January 2014

BBC Bureau Dhaka

I'm not sure why but I chose to try and do a  lot of my work and my filing without going into the BBC bureau for the first week despite a very warm welcome from the bureau chief Shakil and advice all round to visit for the support. It would have made life a lot easier.

When I did go in  a couple of days ago, I found a strong and busy team that acts as a base and an anchor for visitors from abroad.

It was incredible and not unexpected to learn from Shakil that the BBC brand is the most trusted in Bangladesh and knowing the quality of some of the journalists there I am not surprised.

The Bangla unit contains some of the best journalists in the world. 

No comments: